I am a student. This is a place where I will share my learning with you. Please note....some work won't be edited - just my first drafts, so there may be some surface errors. I would love your feedback, comments, thoughts and ideas.
Search This Blog
Monday, 19 February 2018
Letter to Mr. Hipkins
Kaiapoi North School
278 Williams Street
Kaiapoi 7630
Wednesday 14th February
Ministry of Education
Government Buildings
Wellington
Dear Mr. Hipkins,
My name is Ayla Ryan and I am a year 7 students at Kaiapoi North School.
I am writing to you today in regards of the new blocks at our school.
We love our classrooms that are spacious, creative and modern.
However much that we love our space there is one vital piece that is missing.
Air con is very important to help us learn. Learning in a smelly, sweaty and uncomfortable classroom really inflicts our education.
Our country respects your party and your position to help us students. We understand that you must receive hundreds of requests every day for help. But please just take out two minutes of your time to listen.
We come to school dreading the thought of annoying sand flies and horrible headaches.
Our teachers get grumpy too. They work hard to give us good skills and it must be hard for them to concentrate.
If you and your team complete our wish we would be as delighted as if we had ran a marathon!
Would you like to reward your future generation with clean classrooms and fresh air blowing?
Then please consider our request and try to improve it quickly.
Yours Sincerely,
Ayla Ryan
Labels:
2018,
Mrs Hunter,
Term 1,
Writing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great letter Ayla with some valid points. Definitely worthy of a reply. Good luck! Just one wee thing... I noticed a spelling error, proof reading yourself and then from a friend is a good idea before sending. Well done, a very worthy cause.
ReplyDeleteI am sure I had already posted a comment to this letter.. I thought it was very well written. I like your style of incorporating some humor. I hope your hub is successful in getting air con! Remember to check your spelling.
ReplyDelete